GraphiXX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to GraphiXX.fairtopic.com EnjoY YouR staY

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jonathan Dos Santos: 'I Convinced Giovani To Stay With Mexico'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heskiaaha sekussy
Admin
Admin
Heskiaaha sekussy

Jonathan Dos Santos: 'I Convinced Giovani To Stay With Mexico' Empty
PostSubject: Jonathan Dos Santos: 'I Convinced Giovani To Stay With Mexico'   Jonathan Dos Santos: 'I Convinced Giovani To Stay With Mexico' Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:14 am

Giovani Dos Santos' feelings of despair over brother Jonathan's ouster from Mexico's World Cup roster nearly led to Gio leaving the squad as well, but Jona said he talked Gio into staying.

Jonathan Dos Santos: 'I Convinced Giovani To Stay With Mexico' 31125_news

After his younger brother was cut from Mexico's World Cup roster, Giovani Dos Santos wanted no part of El Tricolor and the 2010 World Cup.

Jonathan Dos Santos was dropped from Mexico's World Cup squad on Monday and soon after he found out, Giovani wanted to join him in leaving the national team. But 'Gio' stayed because 'Jona' talked him into it, the younger brother said.

"I convinced Giovani to stay and not leave the national team with me," Jona told Barcelona daily Sport.

The two Dos Santos brothers had long said their dream was to play together on the national team and at the World Cup. They accomplished the first half of that dream and were on the World Cup training camp together for nearly two weeks.

But after a 5-1 win over Gambia, in which 'Jona' played 90 minutes, the younger brother was dropped.

Afterward, their father Zizinho said 'Gio' had called him in tears, saying he had lost the desire to play at the World Cup.

'Gio' was done with the national team because of his pain, but 'Jona' said it would not be wise to let all of Gio's hard work disappear.

"I had to convince him to stay," Jona said. "He was very hurt because we thought about playing at the World Cup together and it was a hard blow. I talked to him and told him he had to stay so he wouldn't let everything he'd worked for go to waste."
Back to top Go down

Jonathan Dos Santos: 'I Convinced Giovani To Stay With Mexico'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GraphiXX :: ( GraphiXX Sports ) :: World Cup-
Jump to: